WordPress is most popular CMS platform to share the ideas, creativity or build an online presence and Your site is the most valuable asset for your online business.
Increasing the popularity of WordPress, some hackers always looking to find a loophole to get entered in your site and ruin your work in few seconds. That’s where we are looking helpless.
WordPress itself is a very secure platform. However, Security Plugins helps to add some extra security and firewall to your site. By using a security plugin that enforces a lot of good security practices.
However, Every little loss makes a huge difference and gives a negative viewpoint in the eye of visitors. So we need to keep our WordPress site secure and for this, we need to tweak some setting.
You can read the detailed article of WordPress Security in the upcoming article.
If you are new in WordPress and looking for Best WordPress Security Plugin, then you can download them from here.
Here are the Best WordPress Security Plugins to secure your WordPress Blog.
When you give a search on WordPress about Security Plugins, Wordfence will be the first one ranking on top with 2+ million active installations.
Wordfence is the most popular WordPress firewall and security scanner. Wordfence keeps updating their own endpoint firewall and malware scanner which protects from malicious IP addresses and blocks malicious traffics.
Inbuilt Scanner finds the loopholes and blocks them for hackers and checks the WordPress installation files if there is any malicious codes or contents are injected.
Wordfence Malware scanner checks core files, themes, and plugins for malware, bad URLs, backdoors, SEO spam, malicious redirects and code injections and informs you in the dashboard from where you can delete them.
Features of Wordfence:
- Web Application Firewall
- Security Scanner
- Live Traffic Monitor
- Limit Login Protection
- Brute Force Protection
- Comment Spam filter
- IP and Country Blocking
You can check out the Wordfence Premium which includes more features.
Shield Security is created by the iControlWP, a Multi WordPress site management tool. iControlWP takes the pain out of managing your websites and covers your security, daily backup (and restore), and updating plugins/themes.
With a 4.9 rating and 70,000+ active installations on WordPress directory, Shield Security is 2nd best WordPress security plugin for your site.
Shield Security includes an easy step by step Setup Wizards dashboard which is really great for new WordPress users.
Features of Shield Security:
- Core file scanner
- Login Protection
- Automatic IP Block
- 2 Factor Authentication
- Comment SPAM – blocks 100% of bot spam.
- Audit Trail & Logging
- Security Admin Users
- Block REST API / XML-RPC
and much, more…
You can use premium features at just only 1$ month which is no doubt best for every blog. for 1$ you will receive Exclusive Pro customer email support and advanced protection.
The plugin is ranking on 3rd position with 4.9 ratings and 60,000+ active installations.
Cerber Security plugin defends WordPress site against brute force attacks by limiting the number of login attempts through the login form, XML-RPC / REST API requests or using auth cookies and restricts access with a Black IP Access List and a White IP Access List.
Plugin tracks user and intruder activity with powerful email, mobile and desktop notifications.
Cerber Security activates Cerber antispam engine and Google reCAPTCHA for protecting registration, contact and comments forms.
Features of Cerber Security & Antispam:
- Limit login attempts
- Monitors logins made by login forms, XML-RPC requests or auth cookies.
- Create Custom login URL, Hide wp-login.php, wp-signup.php and wp-register.php from
- possible attacks and return 404 HTTP Error.
- Hide wp-admin (dashboard) and return 404 HTTP Error when a user isn’t logged in.
- Permit or restrict access by White IP Access list and Black IP Access List with a single IP, IP range or subnet.
- Cerber antispam engine for protecting any contact form.
- Log user, bot and hacker activities.
- Disable WP REST API, XML-RPC, Automatic redirects.
- Anti-spam security using reCAPTCHA to protect WordPress, WooCommerce login and forms, register and comment forms.
- Get notifications by email or via mobile push notifications.
- Citadel mode for massive brute force attack.
- Protection against (DoS) attacks (CVE-2018-6389).
All In One WP Security & Firewall is also a popular security plugin with a 4.7 ratings & 600,000+ installations.
All In One WP Security is a comprehensive, easy to use, stable and well supported WordPress Security Plugin which will take your website security to a whole new level.
Features of All In One WP Security:
- Changes WordPress Login username.
- Stop user enumeration
- Protect against Brute Force Login Attack
- Force logout of all users after a configurable time period
- Monitor/View failed login attempts with all details.
- Monitor/View the account activity of all user accounts on your system
- Add captcha to WordPress Login form.
- Add captcha to the forgot password form of your WP Login system.
- Protect Folders by adding restricted permissions.
- Protect PHP code by disabling file editing from the WordPress administration area.
- Easily backup your original .htaccess and wp-config.php files
- Ban users by specifying IP addresses or use a wildcard to specify IP ranges.
- Forbid proxy comment posting.
- Block access to debug log file, fake Bots and prevent image hotlinking.
- Disable trace and track.
- Ability to disable the right click, text selection and copy option for your front-end.
- Security SCANNER and Comment Spam Security.
Last but not least. The plugin is ranking with 4.6 ratings with over 200,000+ installations which is giving competition to some of the top plugins.
Anti-Malware Security and Brute-Force Firewall is taken the place of iThemes security and working great.
I don’t like the UI but it is still good and you can give it a try.
Features of Anti-Malware Security:
- Scanner to automatically remove known security threats and backdoor scripts.
- Firewall block SoakSoak and other malware from exploiting Revolution Slider and other plugins from known vulnerabilities.
- Upgrade vulnerable versions of timthumb scripts.
- Download Definition Updates to protect against new threats.
More security plugins
If you are looking for more security plugins then you can give a search on google or WordPress Plugin directory. However, some more security plugins are iThemes Security, Defender Security by WPMUDEV, and SecuPress Free.
If You liked this article do share it with your friends and let them know about these awesome security plugins.
Do I forget any plugin which worth any spot from 1 to 5? Which plugin are you using currently? Let me know in the comment section. 🙂